Did you know that 95% of European hotel managers consider environmental sustainability either very important (64%) or important (31%)?
Or that approximately 85% of hotels in Europe are using a towel and linen program to manage their water consumption?
Interested? Download our brand new research report for free!
Why the research?
After talking to dozens of European hotel owners, managers, and directors at the Annual General Meeting of European Hotel Managers' Association EHMA in Marbella, we realized that even though environmental sustainability is a hot topic in the industry, not a whole lot of research exists about the practical solutions that are used to manage energy, water, and waste in hotels across Europe.
That's why we decided to conduct our own study and share the findings with you – completely free of charge. To understand how environmental sustainability is promoted in European hotels, we first asked 40 hoteliers to complete a brief online survey. To complement those findings, we then interviewed 3 highly esteemed industry thought leaders:
Domingo Rodríguez-Ortiz, Director at Hotel Inglaterra in Spain
Francisco Corrêa de Barros, General Manager of Palácio Estoril Hotel Golf & Spa in Portugal
The research report in a nutshell
In the research report, we'll answer the following questions:
- How important is environmental sustainability to European hoteliers?
- What are the biggest challenges that European hotels are facing when it comes to environmentally sustainable hotel management?
- What are the most common practices for managing
- energy consumption,
- water consumption,
- and waste?
- Which sustainable hotel management tools and practices will our respondents invest in within the next 12 months?
- Which 5 steps should every European hotelier take to reduce the environmental footprint of their business?